This is where we highlight our sub-contractors and most likely, people you will meet and interact with while we work on your project. This is a great way for you to get to know them better and learn something new about our great team of subs. Enjoy!
Meet Marty Meeske, Meeske Custom Trim – Specializing in interior finish carpentry for 24 years
- My name is Marty Meeske , when I was 18 my father suggested a job with the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission and that’s how it all started for me. I’ve been in construction for 30 years and doing interior finish carpentry for 24 , customizing in stair cases, detailed moldings, beamed ceilings, fireplace mantles and more.
- The most satisfying thing about my job is being able to create and finish a project that one may not totally understand or visualize.
- What skill that I have that I am not using on the job is karaoke, I can sing a mad “If I Had a Hammer!”
- I have been married to my wife, Tina for 25 years. I have a 22 year old daughter, Lauren, who is currently living in Omaha pursuing her Nursing degree and I have a 19-year-old son, Dalton, who is learning the construction trade.
- Hobbies: I like building stuff and going to listen to local, live bands.
- I’m also still looking for my favorite restaurant and I’m open for suggestions!
Meet Roger Marquardt, Dworak Plumbing Inc. serving the Lincoln area since 1977 with plumbing solutions for their homes.
- Right out of high school I joined the Nebraska National Guard and was set to go to basic training just days after graduation. Somehow I came down with strep throat and couldn’t leave as scheduled. A friend’s father had an excavating company and knew of a plumbing company who needed a young kid for grunt work. I had 3 weeks to kill and no money, so I was That Kid. I enjoyed the new trade and have been doing it since.
- The satisfying part of my job is when I get to be involved in making a new home owner’s dream become personalized by sharing the plumbing knowledge I have learned along the way.
- I have a beautiful daughter who is a senior at Lincoln Lutheran High School, and a wonderful woman in my life who makes me smile every day. We like to go kayaking, golfing, fishing, and hunting.
- My favorite area restaurants are Texas Roadhouse and Lo Sole Mio in Omaha.
Meet Brett Richert, Stephens & Smith Construction, a full service concrete contractor doing both Residential and Commercial concrete work since 1971.
- I have always wanted to do construction work since I can remember. I had several part time construction jobs during high school, and when I came to UNL to get my degree in Construction Management worked part time for Stephens & Smith while I earned my degree. After graduating, I continued to stay with Stephens & Smith and just recently completed my 35th year here.
- The most satisfying part of my job is being able to help make people’s dreams and visions into reality. When an owner come’s out to check out the progress on their job site, and seeing their smiles and excitement really make me feel like we are making a difference and playing a big part towards helping things come together and getting them what they wanted. A close second would be having someone recommend our services. To me that says we must be doing things right for that to happen.
- My wife Audrey and I have been married for 26 years. We have three children: Erinn is 24 and a recent UNL grad and works for the NRD, Seth is 23 and finishing up his CAD degree at SCC, and Mallory is 19 and a sophomore at UNL.
- My hobbies include supporting the Huskers (whatever season it is), home improvement projects, hunting, and taking the jet skis to the lake.
- My favorite area restaurant would be the Venue or JTK.
Meet Jenny Samek, of Briggs Inc. a locally owned and operated showroom displaying extensive collections of decorative plumbing, bathroom furniture, custom showering products, sinks and bathtubs. As well as matching accessories in style and finishes to suit any taste.
- I help customers make selections for all plumbing faucets, fixtures and accessories. I help them find that things fit and function the way they envision as well help them find the look they dream of.
- I graduated from UNL with a degree in Business Administration and was recruited into the plumbing world right after.
- I enjoy helping people find products that will be beautiful yet give them added features or benefits that make the tasks of everyday life easier and more relaxing. It’s been very rewarding watching the Lincoln showroom grow. I started here 15 years ago when it was still a big empty room.
- I have been married to my husband Mike for 11 years and we have 2 children. Tate is 9 and Myah is almost 7.
- I don’t have any special hobbies. I spend most of the time outside of work taking care of my family and running kids to their activities.
- It’s hard to pick one favorite restaurant. My favorites are Lazlo’s, La Paz and Asian Fusion.
Meet Sharrell Merritt, of DH Merritt a locally owned and operated showroom displaying a variety of decorative stone work options, fireplace designs and other stone work, design options.
- Name/Company name: D, H. Merritt & Son, Sharrell Merritt
Tell us about your business: DH Merritt is a family owned business that was incorporated in 1904. It is celebrating it’s 110th year of serving the Lincoln and surrounding areas.
- What service do we provide Schultz Construction: D.H Merritt’s is the exclusive Lennox/Astria fireplace distributor in Lincoln. Our sells associates can provide information on different models so that Schultz customers’ can chose the best fireplace that fits their needs. Along with fireplaces Merritt’s also provides Schultz Construction with natural veneer stone. The showroom at Merritt’s displays over 100 samples of veneer stone, with continual additions throughout the year. Sharrell Merritt personally works with each homeowner to provide information on options to make their home exceptional and unique.
- How did you get started in your profession: My name is Sharrell Merritt and I have worked for DH Merritt’s for over 25 years. Over the last 5 years I have developed my expertise in veneer stone with a good eye for different mixes and cuts. I work to keep updated on new stone options and new trends. Lennox approached me over 2 years ago to be come their local distributor. I teamed up with installers Dean Fandrich and Nick Eliason, who have over 45 years of experience in the fireplace industry. This has been a learning process for me, especially with new model introductions and changes in national regulations.
- What is most satisfying about your job: I love to help new homeowners with options for both stone and fireplaces so that they are able to bring there envisions to reality. Also to me it is very rewarding to receive a call or email from a homeowner letting me know that their stone is beautiful and they love it, or when the fireplace is just perfect for their new home. This really makes all the hard work worth every minute.
- Tell us about your family: I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband, Jay. We have been married over 33 years. Jay is the owner of the corporation and has worked for the family business for over 34 years. We work well together and provide each other support in every aspect of our lives. We have one son who is now in Medical School in Chicago. Our family also includes one dog, Bailey, who splits her time between Lincoln and Chicago.
- What are your hobbies: I love to cook and remodel homes. If I do not have a remodeling project going for friends, I start a new project on my own home.
- What is your favorite area restaurant: I truly love to cook and try new recipes. I am working on my own cookbook that I hope to have published one day. Saying that, we rarely eat out.
Meet Jeremy Hinze, of Roof Depot, a distributor of residential roofing, commercial roofing, vinyl siding, windows and skylights.
- We supply roofing materials for Schultz Construction.
- Roof Depot/Shelter Distribution hired me right after I graduated college.
- Building relationships with contractors.
- I have been married to my wife Lindsey for 6-years, we have a daughter Emily who is 4 and a son Johnny who is 2.
- I like to travel, hunt, and occasionally play golf.
- Texas Roadhouse